• To create a standardized, specific and time-series information on marine capture fisheries around the country for management purposes.
• To develop and institutionalize the capability of the 16 regional offices in fishery stock assessment.
• To include in the Philippine General Appropriations Act (GAA).
• To determine catch composition, boat and gear inventories per landing centres, per region
• To compute fisheries trends including annual catch estimates, gear inventories, CPUEs etc.
• To determine seasonality and distribution of species per fishing grounds and/or per region
• To provide population parameters of target species for computation of Maximum Sustainable Yield (MSY), Potential Yield (PY), Exploitation Ratios.